I love making gingerbread cookies as I did it when I was younger. I haven’t made any in a long time so I was like hmm. Why not?! Who doesn’t love feeling nostalgic.
Here’s a lovely recipe if you’d like to make your own!
Vegan Gingerbread Cookies
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup plain soymilk
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour (Or All-Purpose Flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon each ground nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves
How to make your cute little gingerbread men and women!
1. Whisk together the sugar and oil for about three minutes.
2. Add the molasses and soymilk. It may not blend well but keep mixing. 🙂
3. Sift all the other ingredients in mixing about half way through.
4. After adding all of the dry ingredients.. Mix until a stiff dough is formed.
5. Flatten your dough into a circular shape and wrap in plastic wrap and let chill for an hour.
6. Preheat your oven to 350. Grease your cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
7. Lightly flour the surface you’ll be rolling your dough out on.
8. Roll your dough until it’s slightly less than 1/4 inches thick.
9. Cut out your cookie with a cookie cutter. (If hanging on a tree poke a hole with a toothpick through the head)
10. Bake for 8 minutes and let them cool for about 2. Make sure they’re all the way cool before decorating.
I hope you enjoy your gingerbread cookies! Feel free to share how yours turned out!